MANAGEMENT SERVICES CORPORATION
Environmental Mission Statement
Management Services Corporation will demonstrate by its policies and practices evidence of leadership in environmental stewardship.
For our residents and tenants…MSC will:
- Promote reuse, reduce, and recycling practices.
- Commit to effective communication and interaction.
- Improve the environment in our communities.
For our employees…MSC will:
- Provide healthy and safe workplace environments.
- Support and reward innovation and creativity.
- Emphasize continuous environmental improvements.
When building, renovating, and developing…MSC will:
- Use appropriate energy resources and materials.
- Incorporate the natural environment in land use decisions.
- Reduce pollution and material waste.
Minimum Green Standards
- Install recycling containers in every office.
- Set-up screen savers for all computers to reduce energy when not in use for short periods.
- Reduce paper margins by .5” for interoffice notes, memo, etc. whenever possible .
- Add “Think Before You Print!” stickers to printers and computers.
- Insert MSC Green logo on every e-mail requesting that recipients not print.
- Opt out of junk mail.
- Utilize stairs instead of elevator whenever possible.
- Install low impact fluorescent light bulbs whenever possible and provide guidelines for proper disposal.
- Purchase recycled paper products for office use whenever possible.
- Utilize reusable materials instead of paper plates, cups, etc. Use MSC reusable tote bag.
- Utilize teleconferencing to reduce unnecessary travel, where possible.
- Establish a fixed temperature for the thermostat or install programmable thermostats wherever possible.
- Recommended temperature is 68°F – 72°F.
- Return used ink toner cartridges for recycling to local office supply store for credit or refund.
- Recycle old/unused company cell phones.
- Distribute old office furniture for employee’s personal use or give to charity (Sofa Shuffle.)
- Install Energy Star appliance for all replacements whenever possible.
- Unplug charger when not in use (radios, cell phones, etc.)
- Use rechargeable batteries.